King of Iron Fist Tournament turns GOLD!
It’s about freakin’ time.
Okay, fight fans… it’s in the bag. Namco-Bandai just announced that their flagship fighting sequel, Tekken 6, has gone GOLD. This means that development’s over, the final ‘gold’ copy of the game from which the retail versions will be burned from are done… now it’s time for production! Everything is set for the game’s US release on October 27, and a European launch on October 30 (was it set back a day?). Anyway, also newly-revealed is the game’s full suite of online play features!
With full support via PlayStation Network and Xbox Live online game service, TEKKEN 6 online features include:
• Ranked Match and Player Match: Rank up or work to improve your fighting skills by battling opponents worldwide in online versus mode with voice chat functionality;
• Data Upload & Download: Create and upload customised ghost characters which accurately replicate your fight style. Any player in the world can download your ghost to take on your virtual self in a one-on-one battle even when you’re not online. Upload replays of killer matches to share with friends and opponents around the world.
Scenario Online Co-op
• New feature coming this winter as a free post-launch downloadable update: Jump into intense two player online co-op campaigns against AI controlled enemies and experience the dramatic large-scale action with friends around the globe.
• Battle Points: online only, split between World, Asia, America and Europe;
• Rank: overall on and offline ranking, from Beginner to TEKKEN God!
• Additional rankings include Ranked Match, Scenario Campaign, Time Attack and Survival.
Players will be able to start trading blows to compete for the international title of Tekken God.
WOOHOO! I’m really not much of an online player, but this actually got me excited. I particularly like the ability to create your own Ghost A.I. and upload/download matches. Awesome! Plus, it looks like Namco-Bandai is throwing support behind the game even well after release. Stupendous!!! Not too long now, people. The game is finished, and we’re truly on our last leg of waiting. What a great way to end the week!
Read the original article here.
This entry was posted on October 9, 2009 at 12:26 pm and is filed under Fan Service, Fighting Games, Game Advertising, Game-related Events, Gaming, PS3, Tekken, Tekken 6, Xbox360. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.